Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My First Design Team Project!!!

I am so excited to be on the Craft Junkie Too Design team.  Our first assignment was something for Teacher Appreciation week.  It has been a while since I needed to do anything for a teacher so this was a lot of fun!  My 19 year old son is in school in New York (I apologize if I say that a lot - - I am kinda (okay lots) proud of him!!).

I made a Gift Card holder card - this card fits in a Invitation size envelope. 



I made the card using a piece of white cardstock that was 12 x 6.  I scored it at 4.5, 6, and 7.5.  I mountain folded the card to create the gift card holder on the inside.  I used a 1 in circle punch in the center of the mountain fold and cut with scissors a slit 1.5 inches on either side of the punch.  This created the area for the gift card to be inserted.  I then used my ATG tape to go along the outside edges to seal the card.

Paper used in this project was from the DCWV Grade School package.  The apple on the front is from the Create a Critter cartridge (one of my favorite cartridges) and the Thank you is from the Sentimentals cartridge.

I really hope that you like this card!!!!  Now head on over to http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/ and check out what the rest of the designers made!!!  They are an amazingly talented group!!!

Please let me know what you think!!  I truly value your input.  Also if you have any questions on how i made this please dont hesitate to ask!!!  Happy Wednesday you all!!!!


7 comments:

  1. Shawn: LOVE your gift card holder! Super FUN and Super QUICK to put together - Will make a great gift for any teacher. Thanks for sharing! Kadie (fellow design team member)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love the color scheme and the way the gift card slides in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!! What a great way to hold a gift card, I gotta try this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ultra cool teacher gift!! Love, love how this came out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! I've seen the gift card holders like that before but have yet to make one! :)

    TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! TFS!

    (fellow CJToo DT member)
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete