Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cricut Circle Monthly Blog challenge

The Circle Blog challenge for this month was to scraplift an idea that was previously featured on the Circle Blog by one of the Design Team members.  On December 15th, Jana Eubanks created a canvas design called "Eat your Veggies" - I loved the idea to create something on canvas so I created this........
"Family - Natures Masterpiece."
This was completely different for me to make.  First of all - I am not a painter!!!!  I painted the canvas using Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint - Foliage green, Charcoal, Cape Cod Blue and Nightfall Blue.  To get a little shimmer on the canvas is sprayed it with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist.  All the Cricut cuts were done using my Imagine.  The tree from the Heritage cartridge was cut using Hunter Green vinyl for the shadow feature and then for the patterned paper - I used white vinyl and printed and cut it using the Ancestry cartridge.  The flowers in the background were from Cindy Loo.  The "Family" was cut using the Gypsy Font and "Natures Masterpiece" was cut using plantin schoolbook.  I also used Prima flowers and Flower soft to had some dimension to the piece.

The criteria for the contest was:
1. Use atleast two different Cricut Cuts (tree, flowers and lettering are all different cuts)
2. Scraplift (I copied Janas' idea to use canvas)
3. Use products from atleast two of the sponsors (Tattered Angels Glimmer mist and Bazzil paper for the lettering)

I hope you like this project - I am sorry the picture is not the greatest due to the Glimmer mist reflecting the light!!

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome shawn, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! I like everything about it, a sure winner :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a wonderful job on the Circles challenge! Good luck! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the tree and thank you for sharing. I'm a new follower. Have a fabulous weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project!! I have not done a canvas yet!! Might have to add that to my list of to-do's!! I wish you luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap! I don't even know what to say. This is STUNNING!!!! I am totally wanting to get some canvas and try my hand at a similar project. I can imagine a million amazing possibilities with this technique.

    ReplyDelete