Friday, February 15, 2013

My first sewing project....

Okay - last fall (September) I invested in a wonderful sewing machine - a Singer Secura SEQS600.  I had this idea that I was going to make my clothes.  I have a hard time finding things to fit me ect.  I also thought that it would be cheaper if i were to make my clothing.

The machine is an all in one machine and I have been making embroidery projects - embroidering on purchased clothing, towels ect.

The first item I made was this lace jacket.  My niece was getting married on October 11th and I decided that i would make my outfit.  I made my pants - pretty basic pants (did not like how the waist band laid down).  Then I started on the jacket.  A couple of things - the lace is not stretchy (like it should have been), and there is a very distinct pattern.  I took my time cutting out the material so that I can make sure that the pattern lines up - I realize that taking the time to cut it right really is the most important thing.  Sewing lace is not as easy as i thought it would be but I do like the way it turned out.



Like i said - I also made pants - no photo's - pants are pants.  I have learned to watch the length more closely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment